Nothing beats a scenic highway for the motorist. In 2021, Travel+Leisure writer, Sarah Rose, composed a list of the 23 best roads in the U.S.
Of course, each traveler’s mileage – get it! – will vary, but photos don’t lie; each highway offers varied scenic views.
Not only do these highways offer stunning vistas, but they are also an experience, offering manmade attractions and kitschy shirts to rub in your visit to friends and family such as “I survived the road to Hana.”
The Municipal is sharing the top 10 of Rose’s list. Check out the source to see the entire list of 23. The U.S. has a lot to offer in terms of beautiful roads.
- Hana Highway – Maui Hawaii
- Blue Ridge Parkway – the Carolinas and Virginia
- Lake Shore Drive – Chicago, Illinois
- 17-Mile Drive – California
- U.S. 1 – Florida Keys
- Route 12 – Utah
- Bluebonnet Trail – Texas
- North Shore Drive – Minnesota
- Trail Ridge Road – Colorado
- Kancamagus Highway – New Hampshire