Additional benefits of solar film
- Solar film will deepen the tone of existing glass and obscure the view of partially closed blinds, interior furnishings and items placed in window sills.
- The facade of buildings will have a uniform, consistent appearance.
- Interior furnishings such as carpet, furniture, artwork and electronics are protected from the effects of damaging UV radiation, excessive visible light and heat. The lifecycle of interiors is extended increasing the useful life of valuable furnishings.
- The load on hvac equipment is reduced increasing the operational life of expensive equipment.
- Films block 99.9 percent of harmful UV radiation, a significant contributor to diseases of the skin and eyes. Vista films are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Eyestrain is reduced as films cut annoying glare, allowing employees better visibility of both electronic monitors and printed material.
- Solar films mitigate potential injuries in the event of failed glass from windstorm, spontaneous failure or human impact. Potentially hazardous glass shards are retained by the solar film.
- The installation of solar control film represents up to two points toward leed certification for buildings.
- Solar film assists in the optimization of energy efficiency and can help earn the Energy Star for buildings.
- Solar films become carbon neutral in less than two months after installation.
- The installation of solar film does not impact the indoor air quality of buildings.
Information provided by Performance Films Distributing, Dublin, Ohio
FEBRUARY 2014, SOUTH EDITION THE MUNICIPAL
There are now also clear solar films, which still allow in all of the light, but still reduce a significant amount of heat and UV radiation. This film is called Coolclear Solar. The film works by using nano technology to filter out the infra-red rays, which carry the heat from the sun.