To accommodate overwhelming demand, Association proudly announces new arrangements.
(MARCH 30, 2015 — PRINCETON, NJ) – NAFA‘s Fleet Excellence Awards (FLEXYs) is clearly the industry’s biggest and most important awards event. In just its third year, this year’s FLEXs have already outgrown its venue and are being moved to the Orange County Convention Center to accommodate the expected crowd of 1,400 fleet professionals.
NAFA’s 2015 FLEXY Awards will take place Tuesday, April 14, at 5:45 pm in Hall D of the Orange County Convention Center. The FLEXYs were originally scheduled to be in the ballroom of the Rosen Centre Hotel.
“This change will ensure that everyone who wants to attend fleet’s biggest night will be able to do so, and comfortably,” said NAFA Chief Executive Officer Phillip E. Russo, CAE. “An overflow crowd is a nice problem to have, and it speaks volumes about the demand for our event, but we want everyone to have a positive experience, so we have to move to a bigger space. With this move, we have afforded everyone the opportunity to take part in our celebration.”
In order to meet contractual obligations with the Rosen Centre Hotel, Wednesday’s Networking Reception, will be held the Rosen Centre Hotel, in the Grand Ballroom. This will give attendees and exhibitors a chance to freshen up before mixing and mingling with fleet managers and service providers. Both events have exceeded NAFA’s ambitious plans for them, and now everyone who wants to be a part of these remarkable gatherings will be able to do so in comfort and style.
NAFA, the world’s premier non-profit association for fleet professionals, expects thousands of industry professionals at its annual Institute and Expo (I&E) in Orlando, Fla., April 14-17. The four day event, designed by fleet managers, delivers new information, ideas and important updates on the latest in fleet management.
The FLEXY Awards Celebration and the Networking Reception are two pieces of NAFA’s I&E, the event of the year for fleet professionals.
• Discover the latest technologies on the expo floor: With 250 exhibits, it’s a one-stop shop for the latest innovations and resources to help you save time and money. This year, after Wednesday and Thursday’s general sessions, attendees will be filtered directory through the expo hall, allowing uninterrupted opportunities for connection and the ability for attendees to experience all of this year’s exhibitors.
• Ride and Drive: Law enforcement fleet managers and municipal associates can test their skills behind the wheel at the newly-returned LEG Ride & Drive.
• Keynote speaker Shawn Achor: Motivational speaker Shawn Achor will open the I&E, presenting his philosophy of positive psychology, whereby one’s relationship to the world is dependent on their viewpoint of it.
• CAFM® Boot Camp: CAFM® Boot Camp will be taking place on site at I&E for students to prepare for certification exams or to be introduced to the CAFM program.
• Connect with fleet industry professionals representing all of the various groups and experience levels in the industry, through multiple networking events, coffee breaks, receptions, meals and more.
For more information about the NAFA 2015 I&E or to reserve a press pass, visit www.nafainstitute.org.
About NAFA Fleet Management Association
NAFA is the world’s premier non-profit association for professionals who manage fleets of sedans, public safety vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. NAFA is the association for the diverse vehicle fleet management profession regardless of organizational type, geographic location or fleet composition. NAFA’s Full and Associate Members are responsible for the specification, acquisition, maintenance and repair, fueling, risk management, and remarketing of more than 3.5 million vehicles including in excess of 1.1 million trucks of which 350 thousand are medium- and heavy-duty trucks. For more information visit http://www.nafa.org. Follow NAFA on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About NAFA’s Institute & Expo
The 2015 Institute & Expo takes place April 14-17 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The event program, created by fleet managers for fleet managers, features over 60 hours of fleet training, education, and workshops. In addition to an Expo Floor consisting of more than 200 companies showcasing their products and services, the I&E brings back fan favorites such as the Law Enforcement Group Ride and Drive and the Expo Floor Green Zone, showcasing the latest products and services touting sustainable practices. Leadership expert Shawn Achor will provide a Keynote Address on February 14. Auto Manufacturer Executives Fritz Ahadi (Ford); Frank Dankovich (FCA USA); Ed Peper (GM); and Paul Jontig (Toyota) will take part in the OEM Fireside Chat, April 15. Fleet Management Company Executives Tom Callahan, MBA, President, Donlen Corporation; Chris Conroy, President, ARI; Daniel Frank, President, Wheels Services, Wheels, Inc.; James Halliday, President and CEO, Element Fleet Management; Michael Pitcher, President and CEO, LeasePlan USA; Greg Tepas, President and CEO, EMKAY Inc.; and Kristi Webb, President and CEO, GE Capital Fleet Services, will take part in the fleet-manager-only FMC Panel Session on April 17.